Sunday, September 2, 2007

The in-mate meeting with the dean.

Picture

Today was a very tiring day.
We had a meeting with the principal.. It was supposed to be a 2 hour meeting, but soon turned into a five hour meeting - 10 min. break.
And I was chosen to translate everything he says to the teachers who don’t understand Arabic. It was kind of fun, the teachers were very sarcastic.. Hilarious.

The one I called Mr. Andrews was very nice.

Mr. A: Umm, call me Mr. Andy.. It’s much easier.
Me: Well it’s okay, I find your name easy to pronounce..
Mr. A: People who don’t know how to pronounce my name call me Mr. Andy..
Me: Oh alright.. But it’s okay.. I’ll call you Mr. Andrews.. I don’t find any difficulties in pronouncing your name.
Mr. A: Umm alright..
I thought the way he kept repeating his name to me whenever I call him was strange, but then I found out that his name wasn’t Mr. Andrews.. It was Mr. Andréa..
No wonder.

They talked about many things, explained them and gave examples. When talking about our education they resembled it to food. They said: Education is like food, if you eat a lot, you get sick, and if you don’t eat enough, you won’t get the necessary vitamins your body needs.

I got a headache because of that meeting.. But it wasn't that bad.
The good thing is I missed the Arabic lesson..!

Anyway, I’m off to study.

Later
Fay.

2 comments:

نورجان said...

Yannanteeh el rayyaal.

(F)

Anonymous said...

wow i wont forget this meeting...
it was too boring..
i felt asleep in the middle:P